I am running an installed EXE during the uninstall. This EXE requires DLLs that
were also installed.  But the EXE is not running.  From the log I can see the
custom action is scheduled, some DLLs are removed, then it starts running.  The
EXE will not run without those DLL. The EXE uninstalls a driver so must run
deferred in order to get elevated privileges. I have tried various Before and
After in the InstallExecuteSequence without any luck. I've also searched the
archive with no luck.

Here is a snippet of the WXS

  <CustomAction
    Id="ProDriverInstall"
    Directory="APPLICATIONDIRECTORY"
    ExeCommand="[APPLICATIONDIRECTORY]$(var.ProDriverInstallation.TargetName)"
    Execute="deferred"
    Impersonate="no"
    Return="asyncWait" />

  <CustomAction
    Id="ProDriverRemove"
    Directory="APPLICATIONDIRECTORY"
    ExeCommand="[APPLICATIONDIRECTORY]ProDriverRemoval.exe"
    Execute="deferred"
    Impersonate="no"
    Return="asyncWait" />

  <InstallExecuteSequence>
    <Custom Action="ProDriverInstall" After="InstallFiles">NOT
Installed</Custom>
    <Custom Action="ProDriverRemove" Before="RemoveFiles">Installed</Custom>
  </InstallExecuteSequence>

Any idea how I can get this to work?

Kurt Jensen
Senior Software Engineer
Ophir-Spiricon LLC
www.ophiropt.com/photonics<http://www.ophiropt.com/photonics>
The True Measurement of Laser Performance TM