 From: "Andrew Jones" <andrew.jo...@alquist.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:05 AM
To: "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [WiX-users] ServiceInstall fails when installing service
containing a Mixed Mode dll

Ok I've worked out a solution....

In Visual Studio the app.config file appears to get renamed to
YourAppFilename.exe.config when the project is compiled. It's necessary to
redistribute the YourAppFilename.exe.config file when it contains unusual
settings like useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true". My installer was
not copying the YourAppFilename.exe.config file consequentially the
ServiceInstall was failing as it was not using the
useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy configuration setting. Of course it's
not necessary to redistribute the YourAppFilename.exe.config file if your
app is happy with the default settings.

Regards

Andrew