Classification: Public
Did you try: Impersonate="yes"

-----Original Message-----
From: Chen, Jianxin [mailto:jianxin.c...@bakerhughes.com]
Sent: July-16-13 1:59 PM
To: WiX-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] C# custom action to grant builtin user the installation
folder full control

Hi, Experts,

I created a C# custom action to grant the builtin\users full control of the
installation target folder, but I have to run the "setup.exe as administrator"
to make it work.

If I just double-click the setup.exe, my custom action does not have the
permission to change the folder.

I have tried to use

1                 <CustomAction Id="GrantFullAccessToFolder" Execute="deferred"
Impersonate="no" Return="check"  BinaryKey="GrantFullAccessToFolder.CA.dll"
DllEntry=" GrantFullAccessToFolder "/>

<Custom Action="GrantFullAccessToFolder"  After="InstallFinalize">NOT
Installed</Custom>

2       <Package InstallerVersion="301" Compressed="yes" ...
InstallPrivileges="elevated"  InstallScope="perMachine" />

They does not work!

Any questions?

Thanks!

JC
Jianxin Chen | Senior Software Engineer
Baker Hughes | Software / Intelligent Production Systems
jianxin.c...@bakerhughes.com<mailto:jianxin.c...@bakerhughes.com>
Office: +1 713.934.4136
14990 Yorktown Plaza Drive, Houston, 77040
http://www.bakerhughes.com<http://www.bakerhughes.com/> | Advancing Reservoir
Performance

This message has been marked as Public by Steven Ogilvie on July-16-13 2:06:43
PM.

The above classification labels were added to the message by TITUS Message
Classification. For more information visit www.titus.com.