I have a device driver install which is working just fine.  However, I'm
getting different behavior on Win8.1 compared to the previous releases of
Windows (Vista, Win7, Win8).

On the previous releases of Windows, removing the MSI package from the
Control Panel->Programs and Features results in the device driver being
removed from the driver store.  It also results in the replacement of the
active drivers instances with the nul device driver.  I don't know if this
is default DIFx behavior or something that WiX is asking DIFx to do for me.

On Win8.1, the driver package is removed from the driver store but the
driver instances are not being changed in any way.

Is this expected behavior?

I'll do some digging and see if DIFx is installing the nul driver based on
the DIFx action or if WiX is doing it just to be kind (and yes, it is kind
of WiX).

Best regards,
Robert.

--