Hi have a very peculiar issue. I'm install a windows service using the
following wix code

<!- Service Install Components -->

<Component Id="cmp2F9C5C2CDF330B0C3E022984E1A3936C" Guid="*">

         <File Id="filF81304C2C5868102C7E97E9A5C61A95E"

                 KeyPath="yes"

                 Source="$(var.BinariesBuildOutputPath)\TestService .exe" />

         <ServiceInstall Id="TestServiceServiceInstall"

                 Name="TestService - [SERVICENAME]"

                 DisplayName=" TestService - [SERVICENAME]"

                 Type="ownProcess"

                 Interactive="no"

                 Start="auto"

                 Vital="yes"

                 ErrorControl="normal"

                 Description="This is a test service"

                 Account="[SERVICEACCOUNT]"

                 Password="[SERVICEACCOUNTPASSWORD]"

                 xmlns:wix="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi"; />

         <ServiceControl Id=" TestServiceServiceControl"

                  Name="TestService - [SERVICENAME]"

                 Stop="both"

                 Remove="uninstall"

                 Wait="yes"

                 xmlns:wix="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi"; />

</Component>

<!--Log On As Service-->
<Component Id="LogOnAsServiceComponent" Directory="BINARIESDIRECTORY"
Guid="273B0B31-3D44-4D62-A6D5-BDF3A9CC607F" MultiInstance="yes">

         <Condition><![CDATA[NOT Installed AND SERVICEACCOUNT <> "LocalSystem"
AND SERVICEACCOUNT <> "NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE" AND SERVICEACCOUNT <> "NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE"]]></Condition>

         <CreateFolder></CreateFolder>

         <util:User Id="UpdateUserLogonAsService" UpdateIfExists="yes"
CreateUser="no" Name="[SERVICEACCOUNT]" LogonAsService="yes">

         </util:User>

</Component>

<!--Register the User to allow access to RSA Key to be able to decrypt the
encrypted the service's configuration file -->

<SetProperty Id="RegisterForRSAKey"

         Before="RegisterForRSAKey"

         Sequence="execute"

Value="&quot;[WindowsFolder]Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe&quot;
 -pa &quot;NetFrameworkConfigurationKey&quot; &quot;[SERVICEACCOUNT]&quot;" />

         <CustomAction

                 Id="RegisterForRSAKey"

                 BinaryKey="WixCA"

                 DllEntry="CAQuietExec"

                 Execute="deferred"

                 Impersonate="yes"

                 Return='check'>

         </CustomAction>

The service gets installed using a custom local windows account not
LocalSystem, The logon as service does get set. But...

If I try to start the service after installation the, service starts and stops
automatically.

If I then add the custom local account to the local administrators group and
then remove it again and then start the service the service starts.

Also what I tried after installing the service, is to change the service
account to local system,

start the service which start fine, and then change the service account back to
the local system account, the service starts.

I'm baffled on what can cause the service not to start right after it being
installed.

My next option was to lose the wix service installer, and use installutil
custom actions to install the service, which I tested using the exact same
parameters with no problem,

but I don't really want to go that route if wix has the option for installing
services.

Please help to get this service started.

Thanks in advance.

Christoffel

This information is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain private, confidential, proprietary and/or privileged
material and may be subject to confidentiality agreements. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or any other use of or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient, is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from all storage media. FlowCentric is neither
liable for proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, any delay in its receipt or that the mail is virus-free.