From:   Kai Peters <kpet...@otaksoft.com>
To:     "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>,
Date:   10/10/2013 02:04 PM
Subject:        [WiX-users] MSI Size

Hi,

for every release we create 3 MSIs that install almost identical content
but there are a number of
small differences.

I was quite surprised to see that all three are absolutely identical in
byte size - there must be
some padding of sorts going on.

Is that a valid assessment, and if so, why is that?

Thanks,
Kai

October Webinars: Code for Performance
Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most
from