I suppose that's a good point, Rob - there's lots of ways to sign stuff. We
tend to go to the signtool method (actually a specific version of signtool
for reasons I can't remember) and I kind of figured that would be the
(ahem) generically preferred method of signing things that WiX cares about.

Anyway, thanks for your help.