I build WiX projects on computers without access to the internet (and never
were connected) all the time.  I use the http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix
namespaces.  You only talk about 2 projects: your application, and the MSI
project.  You probably need a third project: the Bundle project.  Maybe you
should post the file that has the Bundle element, and the project file that is
compiling that.