I don't think there is an extra quote.  Are you sure you aren't seeing the
quote closing the XML attribute value?  The command line needs quotes as I'm
linking to something in Program Files.  While the cmd.exe window was still open
I tried to make a simpler link and got the same message about privileges.

Thanks for the runas stuff though... I'll try that next.  Is there an easy way
to run as the current user but without UAC stripping the privileges?  I'm doing
a per-machine install, so the installer has to be run by someone that has admin
access anyway... It's just UAC getting in the way (like usual).

Scott