That sounds like the install location is missing in the ARP entries,
and you can set that in each MSI by setting the ARPINSTALLLOCATION
property to the value of INSTALLFOLDER (if that's what you're using)
after the location has been chosen.

http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2011/1/14/arpinstalllocation-and-how-to-set-it-with-the-wix-toolset/
Phil Wilson