From: wanderb [mailto:wander.br...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 2:21 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Wix burn bootstrapper ARP values missing.

Hi, I am currently validating the app using the Windows App kit certify. It
looks like I have to get rid of a warning which says:

Program XXXX fails due to missing install location.
Native apps e.g. 32 and 64 bit must be installed to the %ProgramFiles% folder
by default, note that 32 bit apps installing on x64 versions of Windows must be
stored under %ProgramFiles(x86)%. Storing program files in another folder can
cause access and security problems for the user.

I have 2 separated wix files for 32 and 64 bts, where I specify < Directory
Id="ProgramFilesFolder" > and < Directory Id="ProgramFiles64Folder" >
respectively.

I have been investigating the root of the problem; and in the WoW6432node
register on a x64 machine the registry values are missing.
I am wondering if there is anybody facing/has faced the same problem before?
or if there is a way to know how Wix Burn is adding an ARP entry in the
WoW6432node registry value?