I agree with Jacob's recommendation that writing a mba to display your UX and
hide or don't implement the UX in each msi (or exe prereq like VC) is much
prefered.  This approach works great and is much better than fighting the
intended design of burn.  The wix source includes a good example (though not
a template) of an mba in the Setup\WixBA project.

>>Can we add something that skips the cpu cycles and that adds some delay
before the  Detect is Completed. So that this gives an impression like the
splash stays for some amount of time?(Just a vague idea).
When using the WixStdBA (which can also be used to show a unified UX without
displaying any UI from the chained packages), another approach to the splash
screen issue is to use a BAFunctions.dll.  Wix 3.8 and 3.9 have a simple
sample BAFunctions.dll in the source at src\burn\samples\bafunctions.  Prior
to 3.8 user's downloaded this feature from Neil's site at
wixextba.codeplex.com, which still has an example of implementing a
DelayStart in this file, to show the bundle's splash screen longer.
https://wixextba.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#bafunctions/WixBootstrapperBAFunction.cpp