1) you'll need a custom boostrapper to support that functionality.  The
standard bootstrappers have no idea what to do with a feature;

2) along those lines, you would suppress the MSI UI and have the bootstrapper
handle the feature selection;

3) features are a pain.  For my own work, I am creating a managed bootstrapper
to handle my previous collection of features as individual MSI's
property-driven by the UI of the bootstrapper.  IMHO, this is the way to go.

One of the biggest downsides of the feature approach is it assumes that all the
features have the same development velocity, but I have never seen this stay
the case for long.  In practice, several of the services develop very slowly
while one or two change markedly from iteration to iteration.  By
"de-featuring", we are free to pursue the appropriate development velocity for
each without carrying around the dead weight of the slower "features."
--
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer | Enterprise Service Applications | Continuing