Regarding the following comment (and as an alternative approach until the
issue is addressed in Burn):
>>I'll just have to live with that warning. However, to me, it looks like
the version warnings are just an oversight. Is that so?
And is there a clean way of resolving these warnings?

The GUID in this reg key is the Bundle/@Id in the
BootstrapperApplicationData.xml file.  (I think I had to also set
Bundle/@dep:ProviderKey for that to be the case.)  So using code shared
here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12846421/getting-display-name-from-packageid>

you could modify it to get that GUID, in a custom ba, and then property
drive a msi package in your chain to write those values.