MsiSetMode does not seem to work when called from deferred custom action. So,
my question should have been "How do I tell Windows Installer from deferred
custom action written in C that reboot is required?"

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Wilson [mailto:phildgwil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:18
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Reboots

1. Call MsiSetMode (......) with one of the reboot choices depending on when
you want the reboot to happen.

2. Condition the dialog on the ReplacedInUseFiles property. That should work,
if not use MsiGetMode() to see if a reboot is pending.
However Windows Installer will show a dialog anyway and offer the reboot
choice, if that is sufficient for you. Otherwise you might get two, yours and
the Windows one.
Phil Wilson