1. Call MsiSetMode (......) with one of the reboot choices depending
on when you want the reboot to happen.

2. Condition the dialog on the ReplacedInUseFiles property. That
should work, if not use MsiGetMode() to see if a reboot is pending.
However Windows Installer will show a dialog anyway and offer the
reboot choice, if that is sufficient for you. Otherwise you might get
two, yours and the Windows one.
Phil Wilson