I have the following component that has an Auto-Generated GUID. I am seeing
that every build, however, the GUID is the same. I've tried different things,
such as:

-        Having a DirectoryRef to a directory besides the TARGETDIR

-        Setting KeyPath on the component

-        Setting KeyPath on one of the RegistryValue elements

But nothing has worked.

Here is a sample of the offending code:

<DirectoryRef Id="TARGETDIR">
  <Component Id="RegistryInfo" Guid="*" >
    <RegistryKey Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Company\Product\[VERSION]">
      <RegistryValue Action="write" Name="Location1" Type="string"
Value="[LOCATION1_DIR]"/>
      <RegistryValue Action="write" Name="Location2" Type="string"
Value="[LOCATION2_DIR]"/>
    </RegistryKey>
  </Component>
</DirectoryRef>

Is there something about the component rules I'm missing?

Thank you in advanced,

Christoph Griesshammer
GE Healthcare IT
Software Engineer