From the link provided:

"
Correct where “goes” means “installs to”.

1. I found the implementation at `Uuid.NewUuid` in `src\tools\wix\Uuid.cs`.

2. Seems to be derived from the full KeyPath of the component. So as long as
everything goes to the same place the GUID will not change.
"

I have read elsewhere in this forum, but I can't find the link now, that the
'source' of a keypath file is a factor in the auto-generated guids, and I
have experienced it being a factor.  However since you are using registry
keys, I probably should not have added that general information.  I think
both the full path of the keypath and the Id of the keypath, which may have
been generated, are factors.  The generated guid is intended to be stable
from build to build if the keypath and Id have not changed.

The sample posted leaves it to Wix to imply a KeyPath.   The chm indicates:
"If KeyPath is not set to 'yes' for the Component or for a child Registry
value or File, WiX will look at the child elements under the Component in
sequential order and try to automatically select one of them as a key path.
Allowing WiX to automatically select a key path can be dangerous because
adding or removing child elements under the Component can inadvertently
cause the key path to change, which can lead to installation problems. "

you might want to specify the RegistryKey as the KeyPath, or use the
one-resource-per-component pattern.