Hello,

is there any documentation available on authoring and handling product
dependencies? So far (3.9R2), the "How To: Author product dependencies" in the
WiX help file is sill empty.
I have learnt that Burn can now handle dependencies without using the
Dependency Extension, but I assume that there are more use cases for that
extension (as the Provides Element can also be the child of a Component...) The
lack of documentation makes this dependency feature somewhat confusing...

Is the registry key HKCR\Installer\Dependencies a WiX "invention", or is it
used by Windows Installer as well?

Best regards

Matthias Reuss