On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 12:33:31AM -0800, David Trowbridge wrote:
> This is fine for the plain old xinerama way of doing things where monitors are
> arranged via "LeftOf" and the like.  It doesn't cope at all with the
> complexities
> introduced by the new RandR hotness (which basically lets you put a monitor
> anywhere on the framebuffer that you like).

I don't understand how anything anyone has talked about can deal in
a sensible way with arbitrary arrangements of monitors on the
frame-buffer -- in fact, I don't even know what basic things like
the existing _NET_FULLSCREEN would mean in this case.

Do you have a plan that handles these complexities?  Could you
elaborate on it?

-- Nathaniel

--
Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould