On Fri, 2 Apr 2010, Brad Jorsch wrote:

 > I noticed a bug today in menu workspace positioning (in the next tree):
 > if I right-click and hold the button down at the left edge of the
 > screen, the menu appears (correctly) half off the edge but will *not*
 > slide back onto the screen. Compare the behavior to right-clicking at
 > the right edge of the screen: the menu appears half off the edge, but
 > sliding the mouse to the edge causes the menu to slide until it is fully
 > visible.

the problem is reproducible all right. i have seen something similar
in my test setup during the course of this week, and i think that
could also be this. alas, i won't be near it till next week to check
it out.

 > Since (AFAIK) the window menu is the only one with this problem, why
 > don't we just check if x is too negative in OpenWindowMenu()?

don't pretend to understand any impact, but your diff certainly fixes
the problem described, and looks innocent enough. it's fine with me.

i'll check out next week whether also it fixes what i've seen on my
yesy setup.

thanks!

--
[-]