On Thu, August 11, 2011, Jason Brower wrote:

> configure.ac:66: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

Looks like you've got a version of autoconf which does not work
for that build. Unfortunately there are different versions
around which are not 100% compatible. This is why on Debian we
usually enforce the use of one particular version or set a
minimum version in the application's build dependencies.
You might want to check debian/control and then the autoconf
version on your system.

Cheers,

M'bert

--