Martin Dietze wrote:
> On Mon, December 19, 2011, Rodolfo kix Garcia wrote:
>
> > Can you ping the server? DNS error?
>
> I can. Think I've found out more now. I can clone from my Mac.
> However the Linux box is running in a virtual machine on this
> Mac. And from there it does not work. It seems some settings
> have changed, so that now it no longer works.
>
> Maybe someone knows a workaround?

VMware Fusion 4.1.1; Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion) host; Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric
Ocelot) guest

Works fine for me. I don't know if you are using Virtual Box, Paralells,
or VMware. You might want to check your network settings, and make
certain you are using bridging or NAT. From the guest, are you able to
get to the outside world at all, such as pinging 8.8.8.8?

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaq...@sbih.org
                                                                 http  ((((