Quoth Paul Seelig,

Now, when restarting wmaker, any window jumps vertically by a whole lot
of pixels (same amount defined by the title bar?), and slowly moves
horizontally to the left by one(?) pixel, as was the case before
applying this patch.

I'm testing a new patch which fixes both those complaints. The problem is that when we unmanage the window we don't account for the title bar and border, ie the same problem fixed by the previous patch but in reverse. In testing I am seeing the windows stay perfectly still when wmaker is restarted, exited cleanly or killed.

I haven't sent the patch yet because when testing what happened with and without borders I saw that toggling borders on and off causes a window to shift by one pixel (not a regression; it always did so). I don't want to introduce any regression related to that.

Even worse, now when opening a new terminal window, its title bar
overlaps an already open window at its very bottom. I don't think this
is what the patch inventor had in mind... ;)

  I hadn't previously seen that when testing but I can now reproduce it.