begin  quoting Renan Traba as of Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 03:40:17PM -0200:
> 2013/12/2 Carlos R. Mafra <crma...@gmail.com>
> >
> > I don't think this is a bug.
> >
> > Let's keep things simple.
> >

>  but it should not be hard and still be simple:
> aways read global conf file, set the vars
> then try to read user conf file, set vars again
>
> almost any software today use this pattern

So, not a bug, check.

It is, however, a feature request.

An awful lot of applications -- including shells, X11, etc. -- have both
global and local configuration. So it seems to be a reasonable feature
request... so long as the implementation doesn't add needless complexity.

However.

I thought WindowMaker already had that, as my system has an
/etc/GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker (and other) file(s).

--
What am I not understanding today?
SJS