On 05/12/2014 02:18 PM, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:
Why not? You can clearly do more advanced stuff like coding wmiv.
Setting up git send-email is much more basic than that :-)

Some time ago I copied this answer which helped me. Perhaps you will
find it useful too.

From: Giuseppe Bilotta <giuseppe.bilotta <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Q] submitting patches from gmail
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.version-control.git
Date: 2008-10-18 12:50:51 GMT (2 days, 8 hours and 6 minutes ago)

On Saturday 18 October 2008 14:08, Leo Razoumov wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I wonder what is the preferred way to submit patches from a gmail account.
Google mail auto wraps long lines and there is no way to change this setting.
Safe way would be to use attachments. Are they allowed on git mailing list?

I wonder if Google still does this?  My ~/.gitconfig looks like this:
[sendemail]
    from = Doug Torrance <dtorra...@monmouthcollege.edu>
    smtpserver = smtp.gmail.com
    smtpuser = douglas.a.torra...@gmail.com
    smtpencryption = tls
    smtppass = <password>
    chainreplyto = false
    smtpserverport = 587
    to = wmaker-dev@lists.windowmaker.org

I haven't needed to set up msmtp or anything. I don't believe there have been any problems, as my patches have gotten committed without Carlos complaining. :)

Doug