Hi!

I found a not too critical, but certainly annoying bug apparently residing in WindowMaker after several days of experimenting revealed. It is described in the attached BUGFORM, as provided in the WindowMaker source distribution.

By the way I found the web address provided in the bugform, and an other found somewhere in the FAQ apparently dead, so hope this gets through. I really like this window manager, too bad it is so hard to send any feedback for it.

Sandor Zsuga (Jubatian)
                        WindowMaker Bug Report Form
                        ---------------------------

        If you find a bug please fill this form and send it to
wmaker-dev@lists.windowmaker.org Please, USE THIS FORM!!!

        You can also report a bug in the WWW bug tracker at
http://bugs.windowmaker.org/projects/wmaker/issues or by sending this report to
b...@windowmaker.org

0. Before reporting this bug I already:
[X] read the NEWS, README and INSTALL files
[X] read the list of already known bugs in the BUGS file
[ ] downloaded and tried the latest version of WindowMaker

1. What happened:
[ ] could not compile
[ ] crashed
[ ] configuration option does not work
[X] weird behavior
[ ] cosmetic
[ ] some problem with WPrefs
[ ] others: ...................................

2. Detailed description of what happened:

In a Firefox or Iceweasel browser (apparently any version), logging in a
Symphony CMS (http://www.getsymphony.com), accessing the Blueprints/Sections
panel, the dropdown lists produce weird behavior (do not select the entry
clicked upon, rather different entries or nothing at all). Symphony 2.4 is
necessary for this. Firefox 31.0, 32.0, both 32 and 64 bit versions and the
Iceweasel browser coming with Debian Wheezy, 64 bits produce this behavior.
The behavior is not observable (the dropdown lists operate normally) under
Gnome on the same system, or if JavaScript is turned off in these browsers.
The behavior is not observable running a fresh version of Opera under the same
WindowMaker. The behavior is not observable on Debian Squeeze (with it's
older version of WindowMaker, however on that system the browsers I had were
also older).

I have no means to test this behaviour any deeper regarding Symphony itself
since I have no experience with that CMS's code or PHP in general.

I did not test whether the bug appears on Debian Wheezy, 32 bits (I
experienced it on 64 bits). The Debian Squeeze mentioned was operating on a 32
bit system. I have no means for doing additional tests this regard due to
constrained network bandwidth (I can not afford the network bandwidth
necessary for installing additional operating systems under virtual machine).

3. How to reproduce the bug, if known:

To reproduce the bug saving the offending page of Symphony in Firefox /
Iceweasel as "Web page, complete" is sufficient if there is no access to the
Admin panel of a Symphony installation (I provide one such dump on one of my
sites: http://www.rrpge.org/Symphony_sections_broken.tar.bz2): opening this
page on a fresh Debian Wheezy 64 bits install, under WindowMaker, with
Iceweasel should reproduce the behavior (no third party software or extra
configuration required).

On the page provided attempt to select entries in the Placement dropdown lists
or the Text Formatter dropdown list (on the bottom of the page) to observe the
malfunction.

4. Configure time options you specified:
[ ]  --enable-kanji
[ ]  --disable-shape
[ ]  --enable-single-icon
[ ]  --enable-modelock
[X]  Others: Not known, as comes with Debian Wheezy.

5. Changes to the src/wconfig.h file:

Not known, as comes with Debian Wheezy.

6. The error occurred during:
[ ] configuration
[ ] compilation
[ ] start-up
[X] use

7. Changes made to the configuration files, if the error occurred during use:

No user side changes, as comes with Debian Wheezy.

8. Error messages output:

None.

9. Fix, if known:

None (Use Opera for working with Symphony's Admin panel, or different WM).

10. Other Notes:

Your e-mail address: jubat...@jubatian.com

Operating System (run "uname -a"): x86-64 GNU/Linux   Version: 3.2.0-4-amd64
Distribution (if applicable): Debian Wheezy         Version: 3.2.60-1+deb7u3
X Server Vendor: XOrg                   Color Depth: 32 bits
WindowMaker Version (run "wmaker -version"): 0.95.3

11. backtrace if the bug made Window Maker crash. PLEASE SEND THE
BACKTRACE. Your bug report might be of not much use without one.
strace/truss outputs are usually not useful for crashes, so you can
skip it. The README file has instructions to make one.

Not applicable (not a crash).