On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 at 18:16:32 +0200, Josip Deanovic wrote:
> On Sunday 2015-08-23 15:41:04 Rodolfo García  Peñas wrote:
> > Hi Josip,
> >
> > thanks for your report. Sorry about that. Patch is attached.

Thank you, Rodolfo.

Josip, the patch should fix the issue and it's in the #next
branch already. Would you mind testing it?

> > Perhaps we should use a different flag to run the application more
> > times from the same dock icon.
>
> I have no objections to that as long as that feature exists and the
> option is intuitive and logical and doesn't break anything else. :-)

Note that the issue you found is not intuitive nor logical :-)

There is no reason why the setting of the "No application icon" should
have an effect on being able to execute multiple instances of a docked
application. The "No application icon" option should control just the
application icon, nothing else.

So what Rodolfo did originally was correct -- he enforced the behavior
that the option stands for. The "execute multiple instances" happened
to work before by chance.

But nevermind, a regression is a regression and thank you for
reporting it multiple times; it should work again with the latest
patch but ideally this behavior should not be coupled with this
particular option.