On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 at 20:04:04 +0100, PERROTON, Laurent wrote:
> The command could be included in the default menu. If the program is not
> installed, it will open an error box to let the user know. Then it can be
> easily fixed by installing the required packages or editing the menu.

No one wants to get error messages if they can be easily avoided.

wmgenmenu was written precisely for this reason, it generates the
root menu on the fly based on programs that are _already_ installed,
nothing is imposed as dependency. You get what you have.

 [note that there is also the wmmenugen utility which also
  does something similar ]

> In my distrib for example, the wmaker package ships with a default
> static menu with several uninstalled programs, I dont find it shocking.

Many people do find it shocking, me included. We can do better than
this and we already do (wmgenmenu is executed with wmaker.inst)

> IMHO, I just think it is a bad idea to force the dependency of imagemagick
> for a simple screen shot.

No one is forcing any dependency, please take a look at what wmgenmenu
does.

In any case, adding a screenshot menu via wmgenmenu was just
an spontaneous idea.