Some time ago I wrote to the list about an issue with using a single mouse
click to raise miniwindows. The problem was that a single left mouse click
did not raise a miniwindow for an application that was already running
despite "single click activation" being selected in WPrefs. At the time, I
did see any causes for the problem looking at the preferences, but I've
been able to further isolate the issue to a usb mouse since then.

I've found that the problem occurs with a usb wireless mouse, but not the
touchpad on my laptop. The built-in touchpad raises miniwindows with a
single left click, but the Logitech usb wireless mouse requires a double
click. The usb mouse works normally on all other actions in WindowMaker and
raises windows on a single left click in other window managers.

At this point, I'm trying to troubleshoot further and not certain that this
is a general X11 device issue. Running "xev" shows both the touchpad and
usb left mouse buttons sending the same output to X11. I can click to drag
a miniwindow and use a single left click on dialog boxes with the usb mouse
in WindowMaker, so the problem somehow appears specific to the miniwindows.
For example, I can hold down control and use a single left click to launch
another instance of a running application from an appicon using the usb
mouse.

Would anyone have any further suggestions on possible resolutions?

Thanks,

Dan

--
Dan Plassche