On Sep 1, 8:44 pm, satrn...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> FWIW, when I was shuttling from LAX to downtown this morning, it was
> sprinkling. Good sign. I have some fairly shitty photos taken thru a bus
> window I'll post to Facebook later.

Just musing in an EXTREME SCIENCE FICTION way, but has anyone
considered solar-powered desalination plants, and REALLY BIG pumps
spraying the resultant water a couple of thousand feet into the air
over affected zones?  Are there any laws of hydrology that would make
this impossible?  Some sort of anti-fun principle, perhaps? :-)

-Doug Elrod (d...@cornell.edu)
  always think of how to solve the problem when it becomes THREE TIMES
as bad, because, chances are, that's where we're headed....