On 03/12/13 23:17, Rick Andrews wrote:
OK, I'm creating a separate section of questions for OCSP Responders, and aside
from the boilerplate 'what versions are in use' question, I have:

- Does your product support RFC 6277, OCSP Algorithm Agility?

RFC6960 obsoletes RFC2560 and RFC6277.

- Does your product support Lightweight OCSP (RFC 5019)?
- What is the behavior if a request is made for a certificate serial number
that had not been issued?

Any others?

-Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Stradling [mailto:rob.stradl...@comodo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:00 AM
To: Tim Moses
Cc: wpkops@ietf.org; Rick Andrews; Ben Laurie
Subject: Re: [wpkops] OCSP Responder Vendors

On 27/11/13 15:43, Tim Moses wrote:
Hi Rob. I can't argue with that.

But, isn't our focus more on design choices than implementation
flaws?  After all, IETF can help fix problems with protocol design and
configuration, but there is less they can do about bugs.

Generally, I would be supportive of gathering more (rather than less)
information.  But, I am also acutely aware that we have to finish the
project on schedule, and we are reliant on the good will of busy
people.

Having said all that, I don't object to sending the survey to all the
CAs in the usual trust anchor lists.

Hi Tim.  Google may soon conduct a survey of all the publicly-trusted
CAs to find out what CA software and OCSP software each CA is using, in
order to find out which CA/OCSP software will need to be updated to
support various features of Certificate Transparency (RFC6962).

I asked Ben Laurie about this yesterday, and he said he might kick off
survey as early as next week.  (CC'ing Ben).

If Google do their survey first, then this will hopefully yield a full
list of OCSP software authors for WPKOPS to survey.  :-)

But, I wouldn't necessarily give high priority to chasing responses
and analyzing them.

I'm also happy to defer to the group if this is generally viewed to
be of higher priority.

All the best.  Tim.

On Nov 27, 2013, at 9:30 AM, "Rob Stradling"