Hi Tim,

Well, I have my doubts. The trust model document is about the webPKI working as
today and CT is not deployed at all. Google plans to incorporate by the
beginning of 2015 officially and make it mandatory for Chrome (of course, CAs
can use it today on a voluntary basis).
OTOH, CT is about issuing a certificate from a CA and how to let the others
know that a certificate has not been issued properly but I think this is on the
CA operations rather than on a trust model document but it also has
implications on the trust you can have.
Google uses in Chrome, when running on windows, the MS root store so it relies
on what MS has stated in his root store program independently of the CT.

But, in section 3.4 of the trust model document, it´s described how a browser
can support public key pinning, so CT can be a new section 3.4.5, but again,
it´s not yet deployed. The same can happen with CAA, there´s a RFC but none is
using it at the moment and there´s a minimum of % to be considered.
Initially was also considered the EU Trusted List and were removed because not
"widely" used and maintained by the browser, so the % was very low.

So, IMHO, right now, the CT is not part of the trust model document. We´ll see
next year.

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barre...@izenpe.net
945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea.
Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki
idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna.
KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la
que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error
le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en
contacto con el remitente.