Ben,

I reviewed what I think is the latest draft at
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilson-wpkops-browser-processing-01, not the
Word doc attached to the previous message.

Section 2.1: Is it worth pointing out that root stores are not fixed? Not only
can they be extended via automatic download (as you pointed out), but
enterprises can add and remove roots (as often happens in Windows environments)
and browser users can manually add or remove roots or modify trust bits.
Document readers may not be aware of those other possibilities.

Section 2.2: It might be helpful to readers to explain here why Firefox does
not do "AIA chasing". In other words, they don't see it as a missing feature;
they choose to fail on incomplete chains, and a case can be made as to why this
behavior is preferable to the behavior of other browsers. Or do we just want to
point out differences among browsers without trying to explain why those
differences exist (where we understand why)?

Section 3.1 The introduction says "This document reviews the current processing
behaviors...", but this Section is full of "should"s. I suggest it needs to be
rewritten to factually describe current behavior.

Section 3.4 seems speculative and not descriptive of current browser behavior.

Section 3.5 Header is not in bold.

Section 4.3 Shouldn't say "browsers should" ;^)

-Rick