isn't that a strange term? but do a google search
on it and you'll find a wealth of contexts for the term.
my guess is its fairly synonymous with analogical

here's another paper mentioning the "analogly coded"
which i take to mean in one sense "alive" though perhaps
it has more to do inside-outsides/outside-insides in a stricter
sense.. you tell me! :)

http://www.molbio.ku.dk/MolBioPages/abk/PersonalPages/Jesper/Surfaces.h
tml

> I'm just not sure what 'analogly coded' actually means.
>
> Thanks! - Alan
>

> On Tue, 10 May 2005, Lanny Quarles wrote:
>
> > thought this bit about "code duality" and the biosemiotics take
> > on the analog and the digital might be of interest here.
> > Wonderful to read this kind of work Alan, Thanks!
> >
> > lq
> >
> > Life, then, exhibits a non-trivial, semiotic, interaction between
two
> > co-existing messages, the analogly coded message of the organism
> > itself and its redescription in the digital code of DNA. This
> > principle has been termed code-duality (Hoffmeyer and Emmeche
1991).
> > As analogly coded messages the organisms recognise and interact
with
> > each other in the ecological space, while as digitally coded
messages
> > they (after eventual recombination through meiosis and
fertilisation

http://www.asondheim.org/advert.txt )
( URLs/DVDs/CDroms/books/etc. see http://www.asondheim.org/advert.txt )