Topics in this digest:

      1. CALL TO ACTION MEETING: SAVE TOOKIE WILLIAMS
           From: "mumianyc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 05:48:26 -0000
   From: "mumianyc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: CALL TO ACTION MEETING: SAVE TOOKIE WILLIAMS

CALL TO ACTION MEETING: SAVE TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Date: Saturday, November 19th
Where: St. Mary's Church of Harlem
Time: 3-5 PM

The Campaign to End the Death Penalty, New York Chapter, and the NYC
Free Mumia Abu Jamal Coalition is putting out a call for all NY area
anti-prison and anti-death penalty organizations and individuals to
come together and strategize avenues for action to save Tookie
Williams (see description below). All are welcome.

The aim for this gathering is to collectively facilitate a strategic
action agenda for the upcoming weeks before Tookie's clemency ruling
and date of execution (Dec. 13, 2005). We must act NOW!

Come to this meeting to:
* organize for the national day of action for Tookie and other events
* discuss how our organizations can support each other in our organizing
* strategize petition drive
* build a strong network of anti-death penalty and anti-prison
organizations in NY

Tookie Williams was one of the founders of the Crips street gang. In
1981, he was convicted of four murders, sentenced to death, and
incarcerated on San Quentin's death row. While Tookie has maintained
innocence with respect to the crimes he was convicted of, he has
openly apologized for his role in forming the Crips gang and has
become a prominent anti-gang spokesman. In addition to writing an
anti-gang book series for children, Tookie has initiated gang truces
and inspired many through his talks to at-risk youth. Stanley has been
nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and for the Nobel Prize in
Literature in recognition for his work. In addition, he has recently
received the President's Call to Service Award. Tookie is set to be
executed on December 13, 2005.

http://www.tookie.org, www.savetookie.org