Alan,

         —————sometime if you can figure out how to be bilocational, you should put yourself in the audience to observe the effect of what you do.

           ——————You are anything but in the background in my take...  & if an audience is reading along with the live performance, the text in relation to the performed screen & the environment are quite a bit different than reading the text much later.

               ——————There's nothing linear in the performance version, & despite my best efforts I still usually read emails in a wholy linear way.

~mIEKAL