Title: Cybermind/ELECTRONIC MONUMENTS
Dear ListServ Administrator:

Please post this to Cybermind. Also, please let me know if you'd like to review the book for your listserv.  Thanks!

Best wishes,
Stacy Zellmann
Direct Marketing Manager
University of Minnesota Press
111 Third Avenue South, Suite 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
612-627-1934
http://www.upress.umn.edu

An eclectic and surprising study documenting the diversification of witnessing.

ELECTRONIC MONUMENTS
Gregory L. Ulmer
University of Minnesota Press | 344 pages | 2005
ISBN 0-8166-4582-5 | hardcover | $74.95
ISBN 0-8166-4583-3 | paperback | $24.95
Electronic Mediations Series, volume 15

>From a do-it-yourself Mount Rushmore, to an automated tribute to the annual toll of traffic deaths, Electronic Monuments describes commemoration as a fundamental experience, joining individual and collective identity. Gregory L. Ulmer proposes that the internet makes it possible for monumentality to become a site of self-knowledge, one that holds the promise of bringing citizens back into the political equation.

“Gregory Ulmer is a brilliant and inventive critic and Electronic Monuments makes many unexpected connections. An entertaining and enlightening take on American culture.” —Paul Delany

For more information, including the table of contents, visit the book’s webpage:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/U/ulmer_electronic.html

For more information on the Electronic Mediations Series:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/byseries/electronic.html

Sign up to receive news on the latest releases from University of Minnesota Press:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/eform.html