oh yes of course, but the vehicle is a virtual automaton, implying (to me only
perhaps)
the horrific yet wondrous automatism of those vectors.. i think Bellmer's
libidinous poupee
reaches into the same manifold, the enigmatic drives of representation and
desire

and these images do seem cathartic (not personally so, per se) to me
which in some strange dreamworld of my own design
snuggles up to some possibly rogue sense of apotropaicism
though what use that sense is, is quite debatable..

the compactifaction (as a sense of effigy) of all the terrors
"went before us"
as an omen, a doll, twisting within the silent schreamata

the filmic copulation an objectification of the copula, the 'is' of mistaken
language,
that 'babel-as-desiring-machine' which 'draws' forth the 'action' of the
'plague'
as a 'praxis' within the inertia of determination..

and from Wolfgang Kayser a nod to the Grotesque, which these surely are:

In spite of all the helplessness and horror inspired by the dark forces which
lurk in and behind our world and have
power to estrange it, the truly artistic portrayal effects a secret liberation.
The darkness has been sighted, the
ominous powers discovered, the incomprehensible forces challenged. And thus we
arrive at a final interpretation of the
grotesque: AN ATTEMPT TO INVOKE AND SUBDUE THE DEMONIC ASPECTS OF THE WORLD.

in praise
lq