I think there are many such words in German, Dan. Two of my
favorites are "Waldeinsamkeit" (the feeling of being alone in the
woods) and "Schadenfreude" (the pleasure one feels at another's
misfortune).

Hal

Today's special: Hamilton Stone Review 8, Winter 2006

http://www.hamiltonstone.org/hsr8.html

Halvard Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.earthlink.net/~halvard