(my new attitude since my work doesn't garner comments any more on the
lists, so well as might advertise with jetlag)

http://www.blastitude.com/19/RECORDS.htm

RITUAL ALL 770: The Songs CD (FIRE MUSEUM)
This just in: a label from San Francisco called Fire Museum Records has put out a CD reissue of the
debut album by Alan Sondheim's classic Providence-based Ritual All 770 band. (Man, this is the
fourth Providence-related review in a row, and I'm strictly using alphabetical order here. That
town must really be "The New Seattle.") The album is called The Songs, was recorded in
March 1967, was self-released in enough of an edition for the name "All 770" to end up on
the NWW list, and is a must-hear for fans of the group's two subsequent albums on ESP-Disk (Ritual
All 770, also from 1967, and T'Other Little Tune, from 1968). In fact, it's my favorite of the
three. Gorgeous but constantly challenging improv mystery-movement with femme-chorale vocals.
Sondheim is credited with a super-whopping 19 different instruments (including his slippery weird
electric blues guitar leads that you will remember from the ESP releases), and is joined by others
on a basic core lineup of bass, trump
 et, cornet, "jazz drums," and tabla (with many other instruments filling out
the ensemble). Again, the two women on vocals are awesome (Ruth Ann Hutchinson and June
Fellows). Also check this wild interview with Mr. Sondheim, and there's always the
strange and deep asondheim.org.

out now! ritual all 770/
alan sondheim- the songs fm-04

fire museum records