Not sure what ratio you're referencing. Chaotic systems aren't random -
they just appear that way; the slightest change in one of the equation variables results in a wildly different curve.

- Alan

Hi, thanks -- I'm talking about Figenbaum's ratio -- but as I said mine is a layman's superficial understanding and I don't mean to drag you into some non productive sorting through of my probably misuderstandings. So don't feel obliged. I'm content to sit and watch in any case. I'm happy in my igorance!

Back to what you were doing and thanks for clarification. It's all poetry to me. And I enjoy this list. I feel as though my appreciation for poetry and its joys is being expanded by this list. As poetry goes so goes life.

Jim Piat