thats a good one...
It makes sense what you are saying, to me anyway.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miles Tillinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 10 December 2003 1:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WSG] Re: px em pt ???

I definitely agree that relative sized fonts provide a more accessible design but I
wonder about how sight-impaired users themselves use the web and their PC's in
general?  For instance, my grandfather has coke-bottle-thickness glasses and as such
uses a 19" monitor in 800x600 resolution, which seems ridiculous to me with my 20/20
vision.  However for him it is perfect and when he reads websites he doesn't have to
adjust the font size because it is already fine for him based on the fact that his
interface is already configured to be large in all respects.

I doubt there would be site-impaired users who use 1280x1024 resolution for Windows
and just increase the font-size in their browser.  In fact I would guess that they
would, like my grandfather, already have their interface appearance tweaked the way
thay want and therefore their browser would inherit the same appearance.

Just my $0.02...

Miles.