From: Adam Carmichael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 8:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] good coding app

Chris Blown wrote:

> I use Visual Slick Edit and Eclipse with the Web Studio plugin.
>
> Code hinting is not really useful for HTML but very handy for java and
> C/C++.

Code hinting? Is that where by the editor displays a list of functions
(and maybe the function prototype)? MS Visual Studio did that quite well

back in 1997 when I played with it back then, Zend IDE does it for PHP
and HTML. I have a few irks about how Zend does some things, and it's
fairly slow (even on my most beefy machine). It's like a swiss army
knife with the weight of a mag-lite. Usful, but not pocket sized. I
think it was Homesite that did it then too. When I get some time I'll
compile a list of editors and features, and post it somewhere.

--
|Adam Carmichael, A+, 2xMCP (Windows 2000), Cert IV Helpdesk Admin     |