I don't want to continue this off-topic discussion, because it'll just turn
one of the best technical lists I've ever been a part of.

There are lots of responses to my post that I feel like I want to follow up,
but it's off topic.   I just want to make a couple of comments to clarify
what I said earlier, then I'll shut up entirely about FarCry on this list.

[a] I was not taking a sideswipe at Daemon.  I greatly admire the company
and they're damn good at what they do.  But they're a very advanced company.
They can easily be talking over the heads of mere mortals like me without
even realising it.  Many's the so-called "simple" thing I've seen Geoff and
others from Daemon demonstrate only to find it's far from "simple". Perhaps
that reflects poorly on me, but I know I'm far from alone.

[b] Shared hosting:  no one's been able to demonstrate that you can put
FarCry on a shared environment in a way that makes business sense.  The
companies that host it all have their own servers.  The vast majority of
hosting companies don't own their own servers, or even have dedicated
servers.  In the more usual situation there are several hosting companies
sharing the system, and to put the FarCry core files on a server not owned
by me, makes them available to my competitors on the same machine.  To take
my FarCry host business to my competitors and run it there when I have a
perfectly good CFMX6.1 system I already pay for and am working hard to fill
with my own clients makes no business sense.  All I want is for someone to
show me that I can install it and allow my clients to use it but not let my
competitors on the same system use it without doing any of the hard work.

As I said there are other points I want to take up but its all off-topic.
Now I'll shut up on this whole issue.

Back to CSS/Standards compliance.

Sorry for pouring petrol on the fire Russ.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks