Pardon my ignorance please.

I tried the CSS validator using http://lc55.co.uk/test/index.html and got this
result...
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flc55.co.uk%2Ftest%2Findex.html&warning=1&profile=css2&usermedium=all

Thanks for pointing this out Michael. (a very red face at this end).
Regards, JG

--- LC 55 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Michael, Peter and Lucian appreciate the feedback.
I'm still on a steep learning curve.

Firstly Michael, I was under the illusion if you tried to use the W3C CSS validator
with a ".html" extension, you wouldn't have a hope of getting it to validate, as
surely it is a ".css" only validator? Therefore how can it validate .html? (jigsaw
validator, I mean).
You'll probably have a simple explanation for me, I hope so, as I'm getting a bit lost
with this one.
As i said, I'm still quite green to this myself.

Also I know the CSS is untidy re: double ids etc. (still working on it).

New draft version at http://lc55.co.uk/test/index.html (where I have moved the
background image to top right).

and the uncondensed CSS draft is at http://lc55.co.uk/test/d.css

Help with condensing the CSS would be very appreciated if any of you guys can spare
the time.
Hope I'm not boring you guys to much, but I suppose we are all here to learn from each
other.

Thanks again, JG

--- Michael Donnermeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?
uri=http%3A%2F%2Flc55.co.uk%2Ftest%2Findex.html

Here's the issue in your #container:

margin-bottom: 0 auto;

You can't have two values here.  Correct ones would be::
margin-bottom: 0    or    margin-bottom: auto

Were you trying this maybe::    margin: 0 auto    (0 on top & bottom,
auto for left and right)

The CSS could use some cleaning, looks like there's some doubles in
there (ids) and alot of double stating on things like background in
some ids.

I.E.:

#container  {
                width : 100%;
     margin: 0 auto;
                background : url(img/xr.gif) repeat 100% 50%;
                background-repeat : no-repeat;
                background-position : 100% 100%;
                background-color : #d4dfd1;
                font-family : "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Arial,
sans-serif;
                font-size : 0.9em;
                color : #333;
                line-height : 115%;
}

Two questions arise there...in one you have it repeat, then you don't.
You have it position 100% 50% then 100% 100%.  The later of the two
override the first ones.  Be easier to condense everything into:

background: #d4dfd1 url("img/xr,gif") no-repeat bottom right;

MD