I think the reason for that is that the structure of the page is built and
the images can d/l while the the content is in place and the reader can
begin seeing something atleast.

This tool (which I discovered last month as part of a plug-in for Mozilla
and Firefox) sold me the rest of the way on the advantages of CSS.

I know as time allows I am going to rebuild my "newly rebuilt tables-based
site" UGH! But to my clients advantage, I have already begun implimenting
CSS into their sites full bore.

Brian

>>>The only problem I can see is images referenced in the CSS are not taken
into account