heya Miles,

at work I have 2 computers infront of me.

I have a pc which I do all of my interface development on.

I also have ie5, 5.5 and 6 installed and running side by side, with
ns6.2 open. the browser that I develop in is firefox. 99% of the time if
it works in firefox it works right across the board. Keep in mind though
to do this you have to know each browsers little quirks when you render
the page.

the other computer I have is a g4 with safari, ns7, ie5.1, ie5.2, and
firefox for osx.

like I said before develop in firefox and you will pretty much get it
looking as it should be across the range of browsers.

I dont develop for konqeror (sp) or opera unless the clients
specifically ask for it. having said that safari is based on konqeror (sp)

jsut to test whether running all ie's side by side on the pc were
working as they should be I had 98 and 2000 boxen set up and there were
no differences I could see.

happy browser testing

Benjamin
Life through a polaroid

www.lifethroughapolaroid.com

> hmm, nobody wants to help or give away their secret strategies?  or
nobody does browser testing?   Or do I smell?

> Mt.

MacOS.  Do WSG members consider this sufficient testing strategy?  I
understand this is probably going to be very different from one
organisation to another but there has to be a baseline at least!

> I'm keen to hear some opinions and get some good resources on this to
hopefully get an idea of how far I need to take our testing strategy.