Ben if this thread is on topic why is the discussions being moved to another forum?

Chris

On 30/04/2004, at 9:58 AM, Ben Bishop wrote:

Nelson Ford wrote:

I've seen more and more of this fiddling with DTD's lately, and I'm not sure it is a wise thing for us to be going off the standard in order to bring back the target attribute

I completely agree that "bringing back" deprecated functionality isn't an ideal solution. W3C have made provisions for this with the Legacy module.

Target has not be deprecated, simply relegated to its own module for inclusion as/if needed. Target does have valid use for documents that will be included in frames.

By including XHTML modules, you aren't bastardising/mutating the standard, you are using the standard.

I'd really like to see a discussion on this XHTML extensions/personal DTD issue.

While this is absolutely on-topic, we'll have more room to discuss it at
http://discuss.webstandardsgroup.org/archives/000014.htm

We can post any valuable findings back to the list.

Cheers,
Ben