I'm trying to convert an image and table based navigation to a styled text list. I
have it looking exactly the way I want in Firefox, but IE6 is refusing to display the
bottom-border on the list item and the anchor within it (I'm using both to create a
particular effect).

The page with both the old version and the new is here:
http://www.smoljak.com/test/test.html

I've tried floating the list items rather than setting them to display:inline, but
that then IE doesn't extend the border-right on the list item all the way to the
bottom of the border-bottom. I tried setting a nominal height on the list item and the
anchor, but inline elements don't have a height so it makes sense that that is ignored.

I'm out of ideas - anyone got any?

Thanks,
K.

--